Institute of the Faculty of Civil Engineering
The Institute of the Faculty of Civil Engineering has the two departments: Institute for design and testing of materials and structures (ZPIMK) and the Institute for energy efficiency and environmental protection (ZEEZO).
In the pre-war period, the Faculty of Civil Engineering used to have an Institute of civil engineering and structures, founded in 1978. This period was fruitful in terms of implemented scientific and research projects, especially about use of secondary raw materials, such as filter ash from the thermal power plant TE Gacko and silicate waste from the ferrosilicon plant Jajce.
Head of the Institute: Dr. Mili Selimotić, associate professor
Tel: +387 36 514 866
In the post war period the Institute was especially active in the field of the quality control of concrete and its components, testing compression strength, geotechnical testing of communications and other structures, testing of grouting materials, lime and cement mortars, quality control of concrete blocks, as well as rock testing. The Institute cooperates with many institutions in the country and abroad, namely Technical Faculty in Bihać, Institute of Communications in Sarajevo,Institute of geology in Sarajevo, Institute "Kemal Kapetanović" in Zenica, Laboratory "Igman" in Konjic, Institute for materials and structures in Sarajevo, LGA Institute in Nurnberg.
Since its foundation, practical exercises for students as well as scientific-research activities have been performed in the Institute for the most part, with all modern equipment for laboratory and field. ZPIMK of the Faculty of Civil Engineering has been dedicated to development and promotion of scientific-research and highly professional work in the area of civil engineering and geodesy, practical training of young scientists and researchers, education and training of new teaching staff members, solving complex problems in civil engineering for the economy and a wider community, experimental work and experimental teaching and cooperation with similar institutions in the country and abroad.
Head of the Institute: Doc. Dr. Ismet Hajduk Tel:+387 36 514 854 Fax: +387 36 514 855
Institute for energy efficiency and environmental protection (ZEEZO) is a scientific and research unit within the Institute of the Faculty of Civil Engineering.
Its work is planned in a way that all employees and associates take part in its activities, in order to solve scientific, professional and other problems related to energy efficiency and improvement of environmental infrastructure. The Institute cooperates with domestic and international institutions, and it is supported by a number of international institutes, which is a guarantee of a future progress. For several years now, a new unit of this Institute has been a Center for sustainable and flexibly resistant environment.
The Center is well equipped with computers and a library with all relevant books. Through the activities of this Center students are given an opportunity to cooperate with economy.
Head of the Institute: Dr. Maja Popovac, associate professor Tel:+387 36 514 871
Institut of Humanities
Institute of Humanities of the Faculty of Humanities at Dzemal Bijedic University of Mostar has been dealing with social and society-related research, with an interdisciplinary and trans-disciplinary approach, with a parallel infrastructural development for empirical research.
The institute works in the fields: literature, language, history, cultural heritage, communicology, philosophy, dramatic arts and other sciences in the field of humanities, and on promotion and support of the basic activity of the Faculty through several centers within the Institute.
Organization of the Institute is defined through activities of its centers, namely:
1. Center for B&H history
- Department for the ancient and medieval period;
- Department for modern and contemporary period.
2. Center for cultural and historical heritage
- Department for material culture;
- Department for written sources, audio and video material and visual sources.
3. Center for communicology
- Department for the media research;
- Department for public opinion research.
4. Center for linguistics
- Department for Bosnia, Croatian, Serbian;
- Department for German;
- Department for English;
- Department for Turkish.
5. Center for literary theoretical research
- Department for Bosnia-Herzegovinian and South-Slavic literature;
- Department for American and English literature;
- Department for German literature;
- Department for Turkish literature.
More information about the Institute can be found on the following link.
According to the Institute Statute, the vice-dean for scientific work is at the same time head of the Institute.
Head of the Institute: doc.dr. Edim Šator, vice-dean for scientific work
Institute of Natural Sciences
Institute for natural sciences was founded in mid-2017, as an organizational unit of the Teacher-Training Faculty. By opening two chemical laboratories it became a unit strong in personnel and equipment, and able to perform complex tasks in the field of scientific, teaching and professional work in chemistry. The laboratories have modern equipment for sampling and field measurements, and equipment for lab tests of water and food samples. Teaching activities are rganized in these laboratories for undergraduate and graduate students of Chemistry and Biology, as well as for scientific and research activities that are in line with the chemistry-related curricula.
Head: Sejit Bobar Tel:+387 61 430 927
Institute of Kinesiology
A primary goal of the Institute of kinesiology is scientific and research activity in basic, developmental and applied research in the field of Kinesiology as a science, in which process the content and goals are in agreement with strategic goals of the Faculty and the University. The Institute aims at creation, application knowledge transfer and promotion, innovative solutions and experience in kinesiological research. Through the activities of the Institute, we perform research work and services of modern diagnostics and expertise, especially in:
- creation and implementation of strategic scientific and research development,
- implementation of scientific and research, developmental, applied and professional projects,
- laboratory and field research based on the projects contracted with educational, economic, social and other parties,
- evaluation and valorization by testing and measuring of the data,
- planning, programming, design and transfer of fundamental, developmental and applicable scientific solutions in the field of the Faculty expertise,
- expert analyses, studies, elaborates,
- coordination, organization, functioning, networking and cooperation in the field of sports within University and with other stake-holders in the country and abroad,
- establishing and implementing inter-institutional cooperation with domestic and international partners,
- pubishing and creation of scientific, professional, educational, promotional and other issues, raising waraeness of physical activity and sports as a value,
- other complementary forms of scientific and research work based on our own programs.
Users of the Institute of kinesiology are:
- students of the first, second and third cycle of studies,
- recreational athletes, professional athletes,
- elementary and high school students,
- the elderly and convalescents,
- scientists and researchers.
Head: Ekrem Čolakhodžić Tel:+387 61 194 685
Institute of agriculture and environmental protection
Institute of agriculture and environmental protection in Mostar is a scientific and teaching unit within Agro-Mediterranean Faculty. Funds, equipment and personnel are provided by the Faculty, based on their own funds. The Institute is represented by the dean of the Faculty. The vice-dean of scientic work is the head of the Institute.
The building of the Institute was built by means from TIKA (Turkish developmental agency) and it was inaugurated on 10 July 2012. There are the three laboratories within the institute:
- pedological laboratory
- microbiological laboratory
- laboratory for production of seeds from meristem culture
TIKA equipped one laboratory for honey quality control.
Scientific and research work at the Faculty is organized within the Institute of agriculture and environmental protection, and it is based on the following principles:
- freedom of scientific research and creation,
- publicity of work,
- intellectual property protection,
- competitiveness of ideas and suggestions,
- guarantee of safety of human dignity and personality,
- ethical responsibility of scientists and researchers when it comes to the consequences of their work,
- environmental protection and care,
- interrelatedness between scientific research and higher education,
- inclusion into international scientific context.
Employees of the Faculty are at the same time employees of the Institute, and they perform scientific and research activities.
Head: prof.dr Elma Temim email@example.com